tomb raider king – chapter 27
The next day, after a night’s rest, the party sets out to explore the next chamber of the tomb. This room is filled with all sorts of interesting artifacts, including a statue of a lioness, which Lara recognizes as the one from her dream. She also finds a golden scepter, which she takes with her.
After exiting the room, they find themselves in a long hallway with a deep chasm in the middle. They use the scepter to levitate a large boulder over the chasm so that they can cross. On the other side, they find a door which leads to a strange spiral staircase. Climbing up, they find themselves in a strange, dark room with a glowing pool of water in the center.
In the water is the body of a man, who Lara recognizes as her father. He is holding a strange key. Lara takes the key and uses it to open a door, which leads to the outside world. She is finally free!
- scepter – a staff or rod carried as a symbol of office, authority, or power
- chasm – a deep gorge or ravine, typically with steep sides
- spiral – a series of circles or coils
- staircase – a set of steps leading from one floor to another in a building
- pool – a small stretch of water, typically one formed naturally
- key – a metal instrument with grooves or notches cut on one edge, for fitting into the lock of a door or container to open it