History of Judydolls
The judydoll became popular in Japan in the 1980s. At this time, judydolls were made of vinyl and had a more realistic appearance. They were often used as fashion dolls or ball-jointed dolls.
Some judydolls are made to look like specific celebrities or anime characters. Others are made to look like goth or punk characters.
How to Make a Judydoll
If you would like to make your own judydoll, you can follow these steps:
- Start by finding a suitable doll to use as a base. You can use a Barbie doll, a Blythe doll, or a Pullip doll.
- If you are using a Barbie doll, you will need to remove the head. To do this, twist the head counter-clockwise until it pops off. If you are using a Blythe doll, you will need to remove the head and neck plug. To do this, twist the head and neck plug counter-clockwise until it pops off. If you are using a Pullip doll, you will need to remove the head. To do this, twist the head counter-clockwise until it pops off.
- Next, you will need to remove the doll’s original face. To do this, carefully peel off the vinyl face. If the face is glued on, you can use a sharp knife to carefully cut it off.
- Now you are ready to create your own judydoll face. You can either sculpt your own face out of clay, or you can purchase a pre-made judydoll face from an online store.
- Once you have created or purchased your judydoll face, you will need to attach it to the head. To do this, you can use a hot glue gun or super glue.
- Now you will need to give your judydoll a new hairstyle. You can either use a wig, or you can carefully style the doll’s own hair.
- Finally, you will need to dress your judydoll. You can either purchase clothes for your doll, or you can make your own clothes.
Once you have followed these steps, you will have your very own judydoll!